Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Uh oh.. what happened?

I don't know if it's the tone of my voice, but whenever I see that my little angel dog has chewed something up or mistaken the carpet for a toilet I ask her what happened. And I always get this same reaction. In this instance she decided to try out my chapstick while I was in the shower.




I think she's trying to say "I'm sorry.. don't kill me!"


In my new house there's a tile floor in one room where she stays during the day. And for some reason she refuses to believe me when I tell her it's not okay to pee on the floor. I'm fairly trustworthy I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. But she insists. So I have this bitter cherry spray that I spray on her tongue right after I literally wipe her nose in her urine. Just the sight of me when she's peed on the floor provokes more pee presumably a direct result of her fear of the cherry spray my harsh words. Poor baby. I know she doesn't mean it, but it still doesn't make it okay.


Apparently dogs know they're not supposed to pee on the floor. But they don't have the mental capacity to choose not to do it when they have to go. They only remember when you walk in the door and they suddenly have an "Oh shit" moment. I still think the "I'm sorry" face is very cute.