Monday, January 26, 2009

Freshies!!

I don't mean to brag, but the snow in the trees at Heavenly yesterday was to die for. I went up figuring I would take a couple of runs and then work for a few hours but I was quite happily mistaken.



It has been raining under 7000 feet for the last few days and 50 degrees for the last 3 weeks so everything in town has been pretty sucky. But I couldn't let myself sit on the couch all weekend. I finally got off my butt and rode up about halfway for some very unexpected turns in a foot of soft fluffy powder. Well if the mountain was that good half way up, I figured there was nothing but powder up above, so I headed up.



I was not disappointed. Although there was definitely some granite poking out it was virtually bottomless. I felt good enough to jib off some trees and skip over the visible rocks and found untracked heaven. I saw a few people but had so many beautiful turns I couldn't stop smiling.



I actually feel bad for the people who are just learning. I mean, good for me, but if they knew what they were missing...



I didn't want to jinx it until I was done but my iPod lasted the entire afternoon. I'm pretty stoked about my riding playlist this year. Here's to keeping the faith.