Friday, November 03, 2006

Is it snowing yet?

It's about that time and I can't freakin' wait! I'm already planning to take off Wednesday nights and bust out of work by 3 so I can try to get some runs in mid-week this year. Skiing here is far from top-notch, but it's better than nothing.

I got pretty jazzed up when my friend mentioned the Skiing and Snowboarding Expo out in Dulles. Go check it out!! I've never been before but it should be fun. They will have all of the new gear and they'll be giving away trips and lift tickets. They will also be showing the new Warren Miller movie which is an annual must-see for anyone even remotely interested in winter. You just sit there and drool watching people experience the mountains around the world. Southern Hemisphere anyone??

Due mostly to the impending move, I don't really have any ski trips planned this year. But I may try to slip out of town for a couple of long weekends up to VT or NY. Yay! Nice to have friends and family in cold places. Maybe I could even squeeze in a quickie to CO. I haven't even been to Copper yet...

Are you excited?!?