Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ow.

Dude, I am so sore. It's sort of awesome to feel sore. As long as I'm not too sore to move. I like it because it's proof that I didn't just imagine going to the gym yesterday, it makes me feel less like a slacker, and it means I kicked my class' butt last night! Yess!! Besides, it's fun to say "woah, I totally kicked my own ass!"

Today, it's my upper back and chest. I did most of a chest workout before class so I fully expected my chest to be sore. It's awesome. The perfect soreness where I take a deep breath and feel my serratus tightening around my rib cage just the right amount and my pecs burn when I try to hold my arm out. But my upper back was a little unexpected. Sweet. I'm totally getting better at this teaching thing.

But my consistent surprise at my soreness sort of makes me wonder. I had the following conversation with MM this morning. I'm not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

GOSH! I'm totally sore!
Well, you had class last night.
Yeah but I must have worked them really hard.
Dude, you're sore every Wednesday.
Really??
Yeah.
Like, just lately? Or forever?
Well, like months.
That's forever. GOSH! I'm totally clueless!

I wonder if I look at everything with such skewed perception??