Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I need ruby slippers

The end is so near, and I can't wait. This project seems like it will consume my entire life. But I won't let it! I took off the entire weekend this past weekend. The entire thing!!

I won't lie, it was tough. I felt guilty for not going in. I felt like I should be there. But I fought the urge and stayed home.

It's almost more tiring and discouraging to stay away. But in a different way. To come in and work and never take a break makes me feel like I need time to just relax and do nothing. To rest and recover from all of the concentration. But to stay away makes me feel as though the work will pile up so high I'll never catch up and sooner or later it will all just cave in and bury me forever.

Which is better? I don't know.

I'm almost done but I still don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Instead of encouraged I feel unmotivated and depressed. I want to feel as though I've accomplished something, but the stress has taken so much out of me.

click-click-click There's no place like the Caribbean... click-click-click There's no place like the Caribbean...