Friday, February 01, 2008

Pupster!

At long last I am getting a puppy!! She's an Australian Cattledog. Just about 10 days old in these pictures. She was born four days before my birthday. Aww...




She has this cute little black spot on her right eye. And all but one of her brothers and sisters are getting their color in. She's staying pretty light. Apparently that means she might be a red heeler. Her dad is a red and her mom is a blue heeler.

I was there the night they were born. They looked like little rats. And then a few days later they looked like piglets with cute little tails. Now they're like cute little polar bears. Mostly they just lay around and nurse. They are so sweet. Truly, there are not words.



Their eyes are open now and their little claws are coming in. They're actually pretty sharp. I have been reading all about raising a pup. This breed is really high energy and I live a stone throw away from the forest so she's going to be a mountain dog!! I can't wait! The mama is the coolest dog I have ever met. If this dog is half as cool as her mom she's going to rock!




I just have to figure out what I'm going to name her. Ideas? One of her sister's is named River. My sister suggested an "R" name, but I'm not sure yet.