Monday, February 18, 2008

She's getting bigger...

I decided to name her Echo. Two reasons. She looks just like her mom. And her mom's name is Angora. Angora is a lake here and so is Echo Lake. So I wanted to stick with tradition. She's so, so cute. And she loves attention. I'm so excited!!

I started to buy her things. This is dangerous but oh so fun. I got her two green ceramic bowls for her food and water. I wanted pink but they didn't have it. I got her a cute little green fleece blanket that she loves. She chews on it when she's up and sleeps in it when I take her places. And she has this tiny little green collar. So adorable. And I'm perpetually buying her toys. She's going to be a very spoiled dog. My favorite is this miniature kitty stuffed animal. She loves it because it doesn't weigh much and she can drag it around with her. The other toys are still kind of big for her. But she tries.

I also went to the bookstore to read about her breed and how to care for her. I got a couple of Australian Cattledog books and one called "The Complete Holistic Dog Book". It's very interesting. Talking about things like what kinds of supplements to give your dog after they have shots to help them counteract the negative affects. I wanted to buy more books but I tried to exercise at least some restraint.

She sleeps a lot and pees a lot. But I think this is normal puppy behavior. It's kind of nice when she sleeps, because then she's not whining and she's cute when she's sleeping. Today she played so hard that she crawled up into my lap and fell asleep. I love that.