Thursday, March 30, 2006

GUSH!

If I had only one word to describe my emotion right now, that would be it. I spent the entire weekend in BodyFlow Instructor Training, all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I've been waiting for more than a year to get this certification. It was always too far away or in conflict with something else I had to do. BodyFlow is Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates all rolled into a life changing hour of.. what exactly? Stress relief, strengthening, stretching, breathing, balance, centering, focus, relaxation, meditation. It's so much. But even more than that, it's whatever you need it to be. If you had a rough day, and just need a little focus, it gives you focus. If you are about to pop from the stress and just want a break, it takes all the pain away. If you want to work and be sore, it will kick your ass. If you just need to connect, you'll find a room full of others moving with you. If you want to be alone, you can be in your own little space. If you just don't know what the hell you want, it gives you a fresh outlook. Did I mention I love BodyFlow?

To make the weekend even more perfect I had an amazing instructor M. She's a local instructor that I've subbed for quite a few times but never met. But I knew the minute I met her that I would love her. All master trainers seem to have that spark of excitement and expertise and fun that makes you want to be their best friend. But M is special to me because she's from D.C. And being so close I'll be lucky enough to continue to interact with her as a fellow BodyFlow instructor.

The group I was with was fantastic as well. In general fitness instructors are cool people. They're energetic and happy and in shape especially during training like this weekend because they're all there to learn. But these women blew me away! There were so many different personalities but, with the exception of M and me, they all knew each other and had a very apparent bond. They accepted the two of us as though they'd known us forever. It was such a great experience. Both M and me are planning to go back when they release Flow in their club.

I came away with so much more than just Flow training. After just three days there was so much emotion in the room. We were all discovering things about ourselves, pushing our limits, tearing through mental and physical barriers and getting that much closer to being the person that each of us strives to be. I've never been so happy to be so utterly worn out. They say it's not until you feel everything that you can finally understand how to be yourself. When you physically feel every muscle ache you come to a point where you can't hold on anymore. You have to let go of whatever it is you hold onto, and then you're left with just you. It's amazing the things you discover about yourself that you never knew you always had within you.

It's completely ridiculous to hear myself say it and to feel the emotion well up within me. But you have to literally fall apart to realize, everything you always wanted is right there. It's inside of you. It's been there all along. You may not remember the next day, or even in ten minutes. But for that time, however brief, you feel connected to the universe and the energy around you. And you realize, everything is as it should be.

I want so much to be able to give that experience to others. To let them experience the tingling in their bodies, and the peace in their hearts. I get goose bumps just thinking about it.

Thank you M. Namaste.