Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Nobody likes saying goodbye

This one's for you girl. I'm sorry it's too late.

I didn't really know you. But you seemed like a good egg. So we became friends. I think. I took a long trip to be there for you at a really cool time in your life. Tragedy struck. And I'll be damned if I didn't do everything I could think of to help you. And I came away from the whole experience with a few new friends and some awesome stories.

There were always oddities. But that's true of any friendship right? But then I started to notice things change. And things weren't the same anymore. And I was constantly reminded of that. But I tried to stick it out.

I tried to just go with the flow. Didn't work. I tried to suggest things. Nope, try again. I tried to just be your friend no matter what. Okay that didn't work either. I tried to flat out tell you what the hell was going on and offer anything I could do to help. Shot down HARD. So I stopped. I really just got tired of picking myself up. Every. Damn. Time. And when you try everything you can think of, and it still doesn't work, you try be happy knowing you did what you could. And you lay it to rest.

So that's what I did. I laid it to rest. And I'm pleased to see you have too. But I wanted you to know that I tried. And I don't really know what happened. The only thing that sticks with me is I wasn't good enough anymore.

So for whatever it is that I did to let you down, I wanted to say I'm sorry. And I wanted to say that I cared so damn much about you. I just couldn't fix it. I wish you the best in all you do.

It was fun while it lasted. Really fun.