Thursday, August 31, 2006

Contrast

Hit

The briefest of moments. Flashes of insight. Momentarily waking up and seeing things in a whole new light. Glimpses of my self, of the viewpoint I'm developing. Seeing for just a brief second the person I am becoming and being proud that my hard work is shaping my future into something I can look forward to. Spurring me on. Renewing my energy and drive. Helping me sift through my hopes and concerns and shedding unnecessary or unwanted things. Renewing my hope.

Miss

Feeling uncomfortable in my skin, like an outsider amongst my friends. Wandering aimlessly through my day. Knowing there's something weighing down my subconcious but being unable to pinpoint it. Not unhappiness. Not depression. Just a need for a purpose. A need for fire. For Drive. For a light amid the haze. Being unable to make decisions or grasp ideas. Trying desperately to wrap my mind around a solution but finding more questions. Just hoping for clarity.