Monday, August 14, 2006

The way life should be

I was completely struck by how sunny Maine is. It was gorgeous the whole weekend. My Aunt said it's always sunny. Beautiful puffy white clouds and clear blue sky. There's nothing like it! Water everywhere, huge rocks, tons of green trees. The sun goes behind a cloud and you need a sweatshirt, it comes back out and you have to take it off again. And it's the middle of August! Absolutely wonderful. I miss New England.

I saw all of my cousins and their kids. There are so many I had never seen before. I think I have 8 cousins on that side and they have 11 kids and 3 on the way. My family is definitely growing. We all promised to try to see each other more often. It's too bad we're far from each other. But it's awesome that we're all adventurous enough to travel and explore new places.

Other items of note:

I saw a bicycle cop pull over a camaro. Ha!! That's gotta hurt the ego right?

Puffins.. everywhere. I mean I didn't actually see one, but they're native to Maine so there are postcards, Puffin gas stations, newspaper articles, you name it.

L.L. Bean factory store. Mecca.. what more could one want in life?

I'm so tired today that everything is funny.

I'll update this post with pictures when I get back from Albany next week.. :)