Monday, September 25, 2006

Here we go again.

I didn't think it was possible to love sunflower seeds this much. I got just a small bag of dry roasted, lightly salted seeds. Yes, I know, I know I'm totally not supposed to have salt. But I was starving and it was the least bad thing I could eat... And I ate every last one. My tummy is so happy.

I have to be honest. The last time I did detox I kind of did it half-heartedly. I wanted to detox, it feels so good and when you're done you have this amazing sense of accomplishment, not to mention a nice clean body. But holy hell is it hard. You have to gear yourself up for it physically and mentally. I mean, it shouldn't be that tough, but the minute you know you can't have something, it's like the Holy Grail, you would do anything to have it. And the only thing between you and that amazing taste? Is you. You are the judge, jury, executioner, and the criminal! Here, let me just inject the lethal poison into my own arm... THUD.

But this time, I want to do it right. Because the first time I did it, I went through so many amazing changes. It was earth shattering! I felt awesome. So as I was reading on line today through a bunch of different articles on detox, I realized I have been restricting my thinking too much. I'll still keep the bad foods out and the good foods in, but there are some incredibly amazing recipes I want to try!!

Generally the hardest part about the whole thing is when everyone I know gets together for food and drinks. And how often does this happen? Usually just a few times a year, once a month maybe. And then ten extra times during the two week detox period. (naturally) It totally seems like the world is revolting because it knows I'm not allowed.

So there everyone is feasting away, and here I am grilling up veggies and drinking pomegranate juice. It would be much easier if everyone else was on detox too! But that's completely unrealistic. And unfortunately, I don't have a buddy this time. I don't blame E for not wanting to do it. It's a huge sacrifice and you just have to be ready. If you're not ready you're not going to make it through and it's not worth it... It would just be cruel self punishment. Seriously, you start gagging even before you dump the clay down your throat. And psyllium? I haven't vomited it up yet, but I know it's going to happen.

But anyway, here we go again. Day 1. And already my flatulence is here with a vengeance, let me tell you...

sigh