Friday, February 24, 2006

Are you mad at me?

I'm a pretty straight up girl most of the time. I'll let you know if something's a little off if I believe it's important. Otherwise I'll just wait a few until it doesn't matter anymore. (This, I have discovered, is a marvelous way to weed out the important battles from the really petty ones. But that's a blog for another day.) I say this because I recently left another blog site in favor of this one. My primary reason was to avoid all of the "drama".

What does that mean, exactly? Well, my purpose in writing a blog is just that, to write a blog. It's just a modern form of journaling that doubles as a medium to interact with the world. I get to vocalize my issues which turns out to be really therapeutic, I get to share my life with some part of the world no matter how small, and I have this fantastic creative medium with which to document my life. Not to mention that writing is a skill that gets better with practice. Practice, practice, practice.

So, I left this other blog site for blogspot. Yay! Blogspot RULES! But I keep getting this question..

Are you mad at me??
No, people, I am not mad at you. Why do you keep asking?
Well, you deleted my comments.
Yes, well I'm not going to save every comment forever.
You didn't respond to my email.
Honey, I can't get to that site from work. They block it.
Oh, so you're not mad at me??
NO!! I'm really not mad at you.
You put my picture behind Tom's. Does that mean you like him more?
No, I don't even know Tom.


Update:
You left her a Valentine's Day comment and not me!!
What? Are you serious? Who cares?!

And the list goes on. I even find myself calling into question the character of guys I know personally who have pictures of provocatively dressed women on their friends list. Guilty as charged. So I had to ask myself why I'm really here. What am I getting out of this and why is it creating so much drama? Why does everyone think this web page is life? This is not reality. Get up, walk away from your computer, and talk to a real live person. That, my friends, is reality. Don't get me wrong, I love the World Wide Web, but it does not define me. If I delete your comment it's because it was time for it to go. I didn't delete you. You're still there right?? We're still friends. Not to worry.

I don't want you to think I don't want comments. Comment away!! But if I delete it, please don't take it personally. If I don't blog about you, it's just because I respect your privacy. It's up to you whether or not to blog about yourself, isn't it?

So, since we have so much trouble distinguishing between reality and pure entertainment, here I am. Maybe this site will work out better.