Sunday, February 05, 2006

Tree pretty, fire bad.

Enough of the completely fabricated bitter nonsense movies about people dying and lovers breaking up because one cheated on the other and now the world is ending. I want to watch the realistic ones where everyone stays young and beautiful and falls in love and has a wonderful life and lives happily ever after. Or the ones where the worst thing that happens to the main character is she gets in a fight with her friends from school but in the end everyone kisses and makes up.

No, but really though. I know life ain't all gumdrops and lollypops, but on a Saturday night when I'm in my pj's with my roommate and I don't have to deal with traffic or work or stressful people, I want to watch a movie that makes me smile. Something I can enjoy and not have to critique. Not something that only serves to remind me how awful people can be. Or provoke me to ask myself questions such as "would he ever leave me because I loved him too much?"But then again, I'm always saying the good wouldn't be if it weren't for the bad. What would you compare it to? How boring. So I guess I'll just sit here and shut up and watch the movie already.

GOSH!!