Monday, February 13, 2006

My Secret Love Affair

We had a completely wonderful snowstorm Saturday night. They were predicting the biggest storm in three years. I doubt it broke any records but it was still amazing. Big fluffy white flakes, the beautiful silence you hear when you stand outside, and a gorgeous white blanket covering everything in sight. We ended up with about a foot when all was said and done. With a winter full of 50 degree weather I was thrilled to see mother nature really does know what season it is.

We got out in it late Saturday night and had fun doing donuts in various intersections and having a snowball fight. We entertained the thought that the donut tracks in the intersection would do a great job of screwing with the drunk people coming home from the bars. Sunday morning all of the kids were out sledding and making snowmen and I finally got out for some snowboarding. I'd gone to Gore this season but nothing local.

Scott's roommates are all meteorologists so we spent a good deal of time making fun of them for how bad their predictions were. I think Tim got the worst of it, he predicted 3 inches. But it's only because he's so easy to tease. He was a good sport though.

The (real) weatherman says it will be gone in a day or so, but it's here now.. I love snow