Friday, February 17, 2006

Frustration

It all comes down to the lesson. If you take nothing away with you then what's the point?

I remember why I spent the better part of a year mostly not speaking to anyone. Nothing made sense to me. But I didn't want to just denounce everyone and everything in some fit of insecurity, I wanted to understand. I wanted life to make sense. I eventually came to terms with the chaos that is life and for the most part resumed a normal level of interaction. But every now and then I find myself lost in the dark. I feel like I'm 16 again and nothing makes sense. Things make me so angry sometimes. But why? Most of the time it's nothing personal. So why do I get so offended? I like my freedom, and I want others to have their freedom. So I guess I have to be tolerant when people exercise their freedom. Is that what they're doing?

What's got me so shook up?

How can some people be so balanced? Do they not care? Do they have bigger problems so the little ones don't seem like such a big deal? Have they figured this all out and are on to deal with bigger issues? Are they simply more patient? Are they stupid? Are they really smart?

It's not depression. And I don't want a drug to make me happy. Thanks anyway.

P.S. - this was the day I forgot my badge.